Since I last posted here, I’ve made some progress on the redesign. When you install 7-Zip, this happens:
But then this happens:
And then this happens:
Both of these problems defy the laws of computing. The first one is a file copy that failed because the file doesn’t exist, which can’t be true because it’s there when I check just before the copy. The second problem is my program being possessed by something that won’t allow anything to debug it. This is the bigger problem.
I’ve asked on Stack Overflow why this is happening, but I haven’t gotten an answer, even with a 100 reputation bounty. So I submitted a TSI (technical support incident) to Apple DTS (developer technical support), but they’re closed for the holidays. I’ll get a response in 2-3 weeks. During that time, I can’t work on Vindo.
But when I get the problem fixed, I’ll come back to Vindo, and keep working on the redesign. Maybe then someone will read this blog.